Happy Saturday! It’s going to be a nice weekend here in Denver. Last week rain and snow this weekend 85f weather, guess I’m glad I didn’t put the golf clubs in storage yet. Get ready for a big week in the domain industry, fasten your seat belts..
- The Targeted TRAFFIC Conference pre-show is underway and while I am not there, I look forward to Ron Jackson’s daily updates during the conference. Rick and Howard have really been busy up to the last minute preparing for the ‘big show’. In the last week alone, announcements have been made of additional speakers including Peter Dengate Thrush (former ICANN chair), auction streaming live online (for viewing only), big names being added to the auction including Dubai.com and Cheese.com, and the TRAFFIC conference app. I am personally really excited to watch the auction as well hop on the phone to bid on some names. With the so many names starting with no reserve, this auction will be a nice change of pace. On the schedule for today is the first unveiling and test drive of the .XXX speedboat along the Ft. Lauderdale coastline.
- MHB just reported this morning that Sedo.com has picked up the brokerage contract for TeaParty.com. Dave Evanson is the broker. It’s getting serious now, I predict the name will be sold before the holiday season.
- Fellow domain blogger, Ray H. over at HybridDomainer.com is celebrating the one year anniversary of his blog by giving away ten domain registrations for a few lucky readers who follow and mention @HybridDomainer on Twitter this weekend.
- Left of the Dot Media announced this week that they just launched their first geo project with the domain Oahu.com. They are now leasing sub domains including such as beaches.oahu.com, golf.oahu.com, etc. Well, it didn’t take long to get a big client, hotels.oahu.com now redirects to the Trump Waikiki Hotel and Resort homepage. Congrats LOTD!
- Rant time! Whoever is running the Twitter account over at .TRAVEL really needs to rethink their social media strategy. I like to follow registries to keep up to date on happenings, etc. However, for the last couple months now .TRAVEL has been blasting out pretty much the same tweet promoting directory.travel. Look at their timeline, every tweet is a one sentence directory.travel promo and they are going out more and more frequently, yesterday I saw at least 25 of these tweets… UNFOLLOW. Funny that they are spending this much time on Twitter and don’t even use hashtags or other strategies.
- I am selling some domain names through my blog this weekend. Take a look, there are some nice names and good deals. If you’re interested in one or more shoot me a message at [email protected]. Have a great weekend!