Jumping right in – Hope you have an awesome weekend, I’m going to!
- In case you missed it, NameTalent.com and .ME are running a contest to promote the upcoming Premium .ME Auction that starts next week. We have some cool prizes up for grabs for participants that guess the domain name that will fetch the highest price, number of bids and number of bidders. Join in the fun HERE.
- Morgan Linton reported today that Flippa sold over $600,000 in website sales last week alone. That is a ridiculous number. See that Flippa banner on the right sidebar? It’s hard to deny that with those kinds of numbers.
- Congrats to Michael Berkens, author of TheDomains.com for winning best domain blog of the year. I really enjoyed his coverage of the Singapore ICANN event over the summer when gTLDs were approved, that was top notch. He also writes on a nice variety of topics and breaks lots of interesting stories. Well done. If there was a best new domain blog of the year category, I would most definitely give the award to DomainSherpa.com – hands down some of the best content on the net for domain investors.
- I’m writing a four part series of articles on iGoldrush.com. Keep an eye out the first one will be published next week. I want to thank Paul for the awesome opportunity! iGoldrush was the first site I ever visited to learn about domain name investing and I’m just stoked to be a part of it.
- News broke this week that DomainHoldings.com added Ryan Colby to their team as Senior Vice President of Product Management. Great situation for everyone involved, Ryan Colby, former power broker for Sedo joins one of the most talented growing companies in the industry. Congrats to both parties.
- Perhaps the most exciting news of the week was the the partnership was announced between Afternic and GoDaddy. DLS names will (soon) be appearing in the GoDaddy registration path. Additionally the DLS network is also linked in to GoDaddy Auctions. This surmounts to much more exposure for domain sellers using either platform.