It’s been an interesting week in the domain industry with the announcement of Google using a “new G” abc.xyz for the homepage of its newly restructured parent company called Alphabet. There’s a lot of speculation that this will really open the flood gates for companies to start adopting new gTLD’s. Sales of short domain names continues to flourish as reported by TheDomains with the sale of AV.com and possibly WE.com.
- Will Google’s ABC.XYZ Address for New Holding Company Help Get New gTLDs Over the Hump? – DNjournal.com, Ron Jackson
- Yahoo! Inc Sells 2 Letter Domain Name AV.com – TheDomains, Jamie Zoch
- Donald Trump owns tens of thousands of domain names, including ImBeingSuedByTheDonald.com Chron.com, Matt Levin
- Could .XYZ End .COM’s Dominance? Wired Seems To Think It Could – MorganLinton.com, Morgan Linton
- Report: Traffic to Alphabet.com Surges 5,000%; ABC.XYZ Gets 4 Million Visits in 2 Days – TheDomains, Michael Berkens