The Targeted Traffic Conference 2011 will be taking place next week on October 16th – 19th at the Grand Ritz Carlton Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The auction is scheduled for October 18th at 2:00pm. With the changes to this year’s auction format and lots of no reserve auctions, it will certainly be interesting to see how this one shakes out. Here are my top picks:
1) Sex.co – short, adult, sex.com sells for $13m recently. This one has a reserve of “$???,000”. IMO, could be the highest sale of the auction.
2) Siesta.com – One word, short, brandable and reserve set at “under $35,000”
3) Local.xxx – Very interested to see what happens with this great .xxx name in a NO RESERVE auction. Of course, we all just heard about the $500k gay.xxx acquisition.
4) Optical.com – One word, huge profit potential, I give a 50/50 chance it will hit the reserve which is “under $300,000”
5) AutomaticPayments.com – There are a host of decent two word .coms and iKeyword .com names with NO RESERVE, this is one of them
6) GreatBritain.tv – Of the ten .TV names in the auction, this is the only one listed with NO RESERVE. Oddly enough England.tv is in there too with a $125k reserve.
7) Campaigning.com – Timely auction with presidential elections coming up next year, another NO RESERVE name.
8) Party.xxx – With a reserve listed “under $60,000” expect to see this one sold. Great keyword and potential in the adult space IMO
9) Trading.tv – Nice name that works well with .TV, listed with reserve “under $12,500”
10) Philadelphia.org – Great geo name, reserve listed “under $10,000” should sell no problem
11) Socials.com – reserve of “under $100k”. While I feel the reserve may be a bit high, Rick Schwartz feels that it will be sold for sure, don’t be surprised if it does.
Full list on TargetedTraffic.com program. Many extensions are represented in this year’s TRAFFIC auction including .com, .org, .tv, .xxx, .co, .me, .info, and yes there’s even a couple .mobi domain names in there.
Rick Schwartz’s new auction format and lineup have come under some scrutiny (ie.. comments in this domainnamewire post). However, I expect that the sales volume from this auction will prove that he and TRAFFIC are on to something with the new auction style.